Our lively and developing Psychology club that has been established by our undergraduate students, organizes seminars, conferences film screenings and trips to other Psychology Departments in other universities every semester. You can reach to social and educational events and trips fromhere ulaşabilirsiniz.
Documentary/ Movie Screening: The Psychology Club holds regular documentary film and movie screenings.
Prof. Dr. Gülden Güvenç: Dealing ways for stress and mood. Şile Kadın Toplum Merkezi 4 July 2012, 13:30-15:00
Very different life styles and aspects are being discussed with the contribution of guest speakers that are being invited outside the University.
2011-2012 Academic Year Guest Speakers:
- Deniz Tahiroğlu (Developmental Psychologiest, Oregon University): Development of Social Understanding. (21 December 2011).
- Dr. Tilbe Göksun (Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Pennsylvania): 'Trading spaces'. (28 December 2011).
- Dr. Bahar Tanyaş (Psychology Department, Okan University): Narratives of migration: Ethnic, class, and gender identity of young Turkish migrants in the United Kingdom. (14 March 2012).
- Gizem Külekçioğlu and Nurgül Öztürk (Tarlabaşı Community Center): Tarlabaşı Community Center; in the context of migration and social policies. (4 April 2012).
- Müberra Yılmaz Şahin (Institutional Development Specialist, Institute of Behavioral Sciences): Institutional Development in Turkey. (2 May 2012).
- Dr. Dinkar Sharma (Department of Psychology, University of Kent): Negative affect, addiction and cognitive control. (9 May 2012).
- Cumhur Amasyalı (Psychological Counseling and Guidance Specialist, Işık University): Psychological Trauma and the Turkish Psychological Association's Trauma Unit Trauma Study Group Activity . (15 May 2012)
- Prof. Christopher Ellison (University of Texas at San Antonio, Department of Sociology): 'Religion, Marriage and Domesticity: Research Results and Impressions' (13 October 2010)
- Berk İnan Berkant, Ecem Dalgakıran (LAMBDAISTANBUL) and Arzu Soysal: 'LGBT
experiences' (27 December 2010)
Prof. Larry Nucci (University of California, Berkeley, Department of Educational Psychology): Prof. Nucci studies how advances in the fields of moral development and social development are applied in education. (19 April 2011)
- Prof. Elliot Turiel (University of California, Berkeley, Institute of Human Development): Prof. Turiel is working on the relationship between morality and culture, the resistance to unfairly perceived cultural applications and also in the fields of moral development and social development. (13 May 2011)
- Dr. Tahir Özakkaş: 'Hypnosis' (14 April 2010)
- Psk. Arzu Özev: 'The Art of Living and Stress Management' (27 April 2010)